Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: My Rig !

  1. #1
    FT Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Woonsocket, R.I.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default My Rig !



    Here's a photo of my rig which I use with my band " River Highway ". It consists of a heavily modded , 2013 Squier Affinity Butterscotch Tele which has a new , Gold plated, all steel , top load bridge w/ the more traditional Vintage Tele 3 barrel saddle design which makes restringing much easier and also adds more sustain. The bridge pup is a Duncan Design TE 101B which is what Squier uses on their Vintage Modified Tele models and it screams . I also put in a Sprague .047 Orange cap on the Tone pot and also added Foam rubber underneath the Duncan pup to prevent feed back along with rubber tubing on the pup screws and copper shielding in the pup and control cavities as well. It also has all new Fender " F " logo neck plate , Fender 1950's design Tele Waterslide headstock decal, Fender 1950's design Tele string Tree, and Fender red Tortiseshell Pickguard. The amp is a NM condition, 1988 Fender Studio 85 Combo which is rated at 65 watts . I just refitted it a couple of days ago with a brand new, Eminence Texas Heat 12" Speaker which has bought new life into it . I also use a Digitech RP-50 effects processor for my effects .

  2. #2
    Fender Lover
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BA, Europe
    Posts
    3,702
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffo46 View Post

    Here's a photo of my rig ...
    Nice set my friend, I would like to have some place in the house (Germans call it Spielzimmer aka Room for play) where I could put all what I have, leave it there and play each time when I have a free time and mood. Now, I must spend a lot of time to get all cables, amp, electric extending cables, axe (small house)... make riot during half hour and then again spend time to collect all gear and hide somewhere to avoid damage by careless visitors, especially of someone's kids. Years ago, my gear was in stdio of my good friend and I went there and play but in many times it's not convenient go there each day... well, 40W amp scream very differently at home than in studio room, right?


  3. #3
    FT Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Woonsocket, R.I.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Littlefloor View Post
    Nice set my friend, I would like to have some place in the house (Germans call it Spielzimmer aka Room for play) where I could put all what I have, leave it there and play each time when I have a free time and mood. Now, I must spend a lot of time to get all cables, amp, electric extending cables, axe (small house)... make riot during half hour and then again spend time to collect all gear and hide somewhere to avoid damage by careless visitors, especially of someone's kids. Years ago, my gear was in stdio of my good friend and I went there and play but in many times it's not convenient go there each day... well, 40W amp scream very differently at home than in studio room, right?
    I feel your pain. Fortunately , I live in a condo where I have the best neighbors a guy could ever ask for. One of them is a guitar player himself . I play at home during the day but at a reasonable volume. I never play at night. The only time I get to crank it up, is on Saturdays when I'm at band practice.

  4. #4
    Fender Lover
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BA, Europe
    Posts
    3,702
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts

    Cool

    @Jeffo46: thank you for your kind support. Lucky me, my "condition" isn't reached pain level, but sometime it kills good mood for playing; I just started to play and suddenly someone ring on front door, I stop my play, go to door, sometimes it's the neighbor who is bored and came to kill some time before dinner, sometimes it's a relative who happened to pass by and thought to live here, sometimes a traveling salesman, a postman, a man who seeks a job, a woman begging for medication and while I indulge each and they go, then I have no more desire to play...
    So, when I play, I love it when Marshall blowing with all his strength from full lungs, like you drive NASCAR-bolide if you understand me.


  5. #5
    FT Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Woonsocket, R.I.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Littlefloor View Post
    @Jeffo46: thank you for your kind support. Lucky me, my "condition" isn't reached pain level, but sometime it kills good mood for playing; I just started to play and suddenly someone ring on front door, I stop my play, go to door, sometimes it's the neighbor who is bored and came to kill some time before dinner, sometimes it's a relative who happened to pass by and thought to live here, sometimes a traveling salesman, a postman, a man who seeks a job, a woman begging for medication and while I indulge each and they go, then I have no more desire to play...
    So, when I play, I love it when Marshall blowing with all his strength from full lungs, like you drive NASCAR-bolide if you understand me.
    Sometimes you just have to man up and tell these folks to come back later, you're rocking out. If they persist then just slam the door in their face. Works every time, trust me. LOL.

  6. #6
    Fender Lover
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BA, Europe
    Posts
    3,702
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffo46 View Post
    Sometimes you just have to man up and tell these folks to come back later, you're rocking out. If they persist then just slam the door in their face. Works every time, trust me. LOL.
    No need to slam the front door if I'm alone at home, 'cause I'm so loud that I can't hear my thoughts and doors is locked Main problem is when somebody of my inmates is at home too, then they answered to phone, open doors and make "ricochet" to my mood. I always complain about that, they apologize (this is last time, I promise) and it last until next chance
    God bless distortion...


  7. #7
    FT Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Age
    66
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffo46 View Post
    I feel your pain. Fortunately , I live in a condo where I have the best neighbors a guy could ever ask for. One of them is a guitar player himself . I play at home during the day but at a reasonable volume. I never play at night. The only time I get to crank it up, is on Saturdays when I'm at band practice.
    You need one of these......Weber Headphone Tap.....



    I Google-searched for a picture and discovered my own system at the top of the search results, lol. I use a pair of wireless RCA headphones and it really gives you freedom to play at the volume you want.

    Here's the link to the Weber site....http://taweber.powweb.com/weber/hpa50.htm

    By the way, Jeffo, I like the stand that red knob Fender's sitting on. Is that a keyboard stand, or is it amp-specific?
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

  8. #8
    FT Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Woonsocket, R.I.
    Age
    58
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spellcaster View Post
    You need one of these......Weber Headphone Tap.....



    I Google-searched for a picture and discovered my own system at the top of the search results, lol. I use a pair of wireless RCA headphones and it really gives you freedom to play at the volume you want.

    Here's the link to the Weber site....http://taweber.powweb.com/weber/hpa50.htm

    By the way, Jeffo, I like the stand that red knob Fender's sitting on. Is that a keyboard stand, or is it amp-specific?
    It's just your regular standard Guitar amp stand, which I bought several years ago from Musician's Friend for around 30 bucks or so if my memory serves me correctly.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    How do you use the weber headphone tap? im instreted in one of these and you are the only person i found that used it on a guitar amp ( and had a pic of it ). Thanks!

  10. #10
    FT Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Age
    66
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jma1984 View Post
    How do you use the weber headphone tap? im instreted in one of these and you are the only person i found that used it on a guitar amp ( and had a pic of it ). Thanks!
    The output of the head plugs into the input of the Headphone Tap, and the output of the Headphone Tap plugs into the speaker. The speaker is only active when the toggle switch is flipped up. The headphone volume is controlled by the right volume knob, and the left volume control regulates the volume from a rear-mounted 1/4" phone jack that's a line output and can feed a PA or recording board.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

The words Fender®, Telecaster®, Stratocaster® and other Fender-owned brands, and the associated headstock designs, are registered trademarks of the Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
FenderTalk is an independent, member supported forum and is not affiliated in anyway with the Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.


GearTalk Network



IMPORTANT:Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult! No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.



©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© FenderTalk.com 2010 All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB