Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks

Back on the subject of Squier guitars (rather than HDs) I was told by a guitarist friend of mine in Oz that he had bought a Squier Esprit, and then proceeded to rave about it, saying it was so good he sold his ES335. High praise indeed, especially from a very good guitarist indeed who plays anything from jazz to rock, including a bit of Satch. Then another friend of mine bought one from Europe which had been modded to bring back the original Fender Flame feature of a mini toggle to split the coils.
    I was curious so had a look around the interwebs and found one for sale not from where I was living at the time in the UK in 2010. Went along to see what the fuss was about, found that it was brand new and 'shop soiled' and they were selling it at cost. I couldn't see a mark on it, so couldn't figure out why it was shop soiled. So someone played it? Anyway I finished up acquiring it and I have to say I am very pleased with it. I can find tones for everything from rock to a bit of light jazz with a little bit of blues thrown in. Here's the kicker. It looks and sounds the equal of a lot of far more expensive guitars. I could not fault the finish. The bindings were all clean with no overspill of glue, paint or anything else. Quality through and through and all for 200. Now back in NZ I find I am playing it more than my Strat, but I do need to get back to my Strat again. Quite frankly, this was better quality than my MIM Strat, on which I have since had to change the pickups as the originals were pretty crappy and added a proper cold rolled steel trem block. In fact, as I was unsure about the quality of the rest of the electrics, I bought all new CTS switches, sockets pots, etc plus a new scratch plate and wired it all together and dropped the whole thing in.

Thanks

Strange. Why did that post twice! Nervous fingers? Hmmm?

FT Member
    Thanks

Yep - I've got an 85 MIJ and it's as sweet as things that are really sweet and smoooth as buttah

FT Member
    Thanks

My main guitar nowadays is a Squire strat.. it's one of the full size body versions.. made out of clearly four pieces of whatever wood they use on these things.

The stock pickups are a little noisy and harsh sounding to my ear.. I'll eventually upgrade them.. but I don't really play that often anymore.

Picked this guitar up used at a pawn shop along with a little Peavy Vypr modeling amp for $125 out the door.

Is it as nice as my all time favorite guitar (a late 80's G&L S-500)? Not at all. But blind fold me and have me tell you the difference between this Squier (with decent pickups) and a USA Strat and I assure you I wouldn't be able to do it.

FT Member
    Thanks

My first Squier was a cream Strat back in 1986. It rivals any American made. Sweet sweet stratness. I gave it to my son and still have visitation rights. I've had several strats and teles since then. As a teacher I'm on a low budget so I couldn't consider an American made so I've always had Squiers.

Thanks

I own a Squire Vintage modified jazz bass in natural with black pickguard and black inlays. Real nice and plays wonderfully. Oh and I'm a lefty so they charge me more out the door!!!!! bummer

FT Member
    Thanks

Default Squiers are guitars too!

I save up and buy American made bc I want to support our folks. The ones who created it, not the Countries who have kids and people putting together a Strat at slave labor wages. Just my opinion. :)

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Welcome to FenderTalk, Lefty! That is a classy lookin' bass. Make yourself at home.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Lefty, we love us some Schkwyers. Welcome!
    I'm not sayin' that, I'm just sayin'......

Thanks

I own a Squier CVC Telecaster.

Black double bound Alder body, Rosewood fretboard. I also swapped the original pups for custom shop Texas Specials & wired the pickups with a 4 way switch to have one series position.

Great guitar, very versatile!