Fenderfied
    Thanks

Default Introducing fender® acoustic custom shop

INTRODUCING FENDER® ACOUSTIC CUSTOM SHOP

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (January 22, 2013) – Fender is thrilled to announce its all-new Fender Acoustic Custom Shop, located in New Hartford, Conn. Operated by Fender’s most experienced guitar luthiers, the Fender Acoustic Custom Shop is committed to delivering the highest levels of acoustic guitar craftsmanship.

New from the Acoustic Custom Shop are the Pro Custom Series and Master designed models, which include the TPD-1 Dreadnought, TPDCE-1 Dreadnought, Traditional Triple-"O" Custom Shop Designed, and Newporter™ Custom Shop Designed.

The Pro Custom Series includes the TPD-1 Dreadnought and TPDCE-1 Dreadnought, which feature a solid Engelmann spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides, a convenient cutaway on the TPDCE-1, scalloped "X" bracing shifted forward for more traditional tone, a mahogany neck with soft "V"-shaped profile and dual-action truss rod, 20-fret ebony fingerboard with bone nut and mother-of-pearl inlays, bone bridge saddle and pins, a nitrocellulose lacquer finish, and Fishman® electronics on the TPDCE-1.

Part of the Master Designed Series, the Traditional Triple-"O" Custom Shop Designed and Newporter™ Custom Shop Designed feature a striking solid Carpathian spruce top, forward-shifted scalloped "X" bracing and solid figured walnut matched back and sides. The models’ two-piece neck in figured curly maple has a soft "V" profile with comfortably rolled edges, 10" radius ebony fretboard, bone nut and a traditional three-on-a-side headstock (Stratocaster® headstock on the Newporter Custom Shop Designed).

For more information and to find a dealer near you, go to www.fender.com.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I think they'll have an uphill battle overcoming the "entry level" stigma they currently own; regardless of the quality construction methods, crafts'men', and materials.... Might be fun to see what they come up with though....
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

Fenderfied
    Thanks

It's really odd there were no photos included with the PR release. I'm hoping to see some at NAMM this week. I'm heading there today, if I see any I'll report back here.

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Have a great time there!
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.