Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

I'm anxious to see what happens.
    Fender has gained a lot of credibility by getting
    Ren Ferguson on board. He did wonders at Gibson.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Hopefully somethin more than a straight cut headstock.
    You're in my sight, but there's a mist on my lens!

Fender Lover
    Thanks

I was looking for a cheap acoustic last year for around $99. Saw a Fender, wasn't great, but would have been just what I was looking for. The problem was it came in that acoustic pack they sell, I think it was $199 total. I passed. Checked out the Fender acoustic they sell separately for around $99. It should have been just like the one in the acoustic pack, but it didn't sound like it. I looked at other brands too, didn't buy any.
    Michael

FT Member
    Thanks

Fender acoustics have improved a lot over the last few years.

The early USA made Fender acoustics were not very good sounding. Fender even sold a "Fender" labeled low-end plywood Harmony Stella as an entry-level guitar back in the '60s. But the ones with the Fender-style headstocks looked cool and had nice necks.

Some years passed and the next series of Fender acoustics were made in Japan and a little later, Korea. Some of these were quite nicely made but the spruce ply tops were not particularly toneful even for ply.
    These were followed by Indonesian and Chinese-made guitars that offered value for the price but not much else.

Since 2002 Fender bought up Guild, Tacoma and more recently, Ovation, all known for making good sounding acoustics. For whatever reason Fender was slow to upgrade their acoustics during a time that other companies were coming up with good sounding guitars for the low to midrange market.

A couple of years ago Fender started to use solid spruce tops as well as better and lighter bracing in some of their acoustics. Even their traditional Fender-styled Malibu and Sonoma guitars benefited from newer tops and bracing patterns. To me they sound pretty good. I played a better quality Fender acoustic at the local music store and thought it sounded better and was better finished than the more expensive Epiphone Masterbilt I once owned.

Of course other than Custom Shop models there are no higher end Fender brand acoustics.

FT Member
    Thanks

I got my acoustic new from shop in 2000 It cost me 2 months wedges that time.It is OK but year ago I found Yamaha acoustic in charity shop for 19.99 and meant to buy it for my sister.When I restrung that Yamaha it felt so good that it never leave my hous.I kept it and never take my fender out of its case.It just feel and sounds so much better.
    So no,I don't really like my Fender acoustic

FT Member
    Thanks

I've still got this old 67 Palomino with the bolt on neck like the one Johnny Cash used to play. The pick guard isn't original but other than that it still plays fairly decent. It's the only guitar I own that I've had for so long that I can't remember where or when I got it.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Is that a D18 sitting next to it?
    I'm a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.