Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Default Bugera V22 anybody?

Anybody test drive one of these? I've been thinking about getting a small tube amp and this looks interesting:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...02583000001000

"But I don't want to go among mad people" Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat, "We're all mad here 'n stuff."

Fender Lover
    Thanks

They do look cool, and the price is right.........they are made by Behringer, however.....

Fender Lover
    Thanks

How "small" of a tube amp Jerry? And do you have a price point? Certain features that are absolutely necessary?

~MW
    "But hey, I like these cheap riffs, they make me happy and alive each day here, when all seems lost and grey good riff pump blood stronger, sweat visit your face and - you feel then all right!"~ Elvir 2015

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MykWiz View Post
    How "small" of a tube amp Jerry? And do you have a price point? Certain features that are absolutely necessary?

~MW
    Small for playing at home, rehearsals and small venues (bar/restaurant). Single speaker, light weight and around/under $500.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Buy one of those Epiphone valve Jr. amps for the money and the sound you can't go wrong. You can go to Ebay and find a modded one at a decent price and there a some nice mods out there also. Just my 2cents.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Have you considered a Blues Jr. or a Traynor YCV-20? Those seem to meet your requirements and can be had (used) at your price. I really like my YCV-20WR and Gary feels the same about his YCV-20. I'm just sayin' ...

~MW

"But hey, I like these cheap riffs, they make me happy and alive each day here, when all seems lost and grey good riff pump blood stronger, sweat visit your face and - you feel then all right!"~ Elvir 2015

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Funny you should say that. I've been checking out the latest version of the Blues Junior as well. It looks like a better option that the Bugera. I'll look into the Traynor, as well.

Thanks...

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Here's a nice little YT vid of a Bugera review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx1aZoDT0sg
    A vid of a shootout between the Junior and Blues Junior: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG-fGrbHJhc
    Last edited by MrSpyderman; 08-06-2011 at 07:22 PM.
    Michael

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Thanks.

Yes, I've seen both of those YT vids along with a bunch of others for the Bugera, Blues Junior (in several variations), Peavey, Traynor and a couple of other amps. I've been slogging through YouTube this weekend. In the midst of this GAS attack, I received a sign from God yesterday in the form of a letter from a law firm in Mobile, AL. It seems that the company that laid me off in October 2008, pulled a legal no-no and I am part of a class action suit which may net me a couple of grand by October. What a great country!!

So my search will be picking up steam. So far from what I've heard I'm leaning towards a Blues Junior, but I will have to do some field testing before I pull the trigger on anything.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

How about Carvin? They make a series of Tweed style amps that get great reviews. I think they are so under rated and never seem to get to get the press they deserve. I also liked the Epie valve Jr Idea aside from The Jr they make a small all tube combo that has digital effects built in. I have never plugged into a Jr but they seem to be very popular and there are all kinds of D.I.Y. Mods out there for them.
    Ron