Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Default Tele builders out there?

I am really really wanting a special (to me at least ) Telecaster but lack in the skills on putting one together...

I am wanting to do ash body mary K finish gold hardware and either lindy or kinman p 90 pickups maple neck/finger board. It may not sound extra ordinary but i want it done with ZERO pick guard and have all the pickups and controls set in the guitar very much like a les paul..l I am lacking the name...back loaded? i dont know.

Putting together the parts is no biggie i am not good at wiring and such. Also I dont exactly know what bridge i am supposed to get with what neck or even what pots or resistors to use etc...

Knowing this stuff will help in ordering the warmoth body...you know what bridge to use so it can be pre drilled and i want the recessed jack so what hole size do i need them to drill etc...

I dont know thinking out loud I guess...thoughts or does this guitar sound totally dumb? I know fender made a tele that had the p 90 but it was an F hole and i dont want an F hole guitar.
    2008 American Vintage 57 Stratocaster White Blonde Ash Body
    Fender Parts Stratocaster "Kymee"
    2011 Eric Johnson Signature Strat -(Gilmour Black Strat)
    1985 Japanese Fender Contemporary Stratocaster

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Hi Cujo...
    Warmoth definitive makes great guitar wooden parts, but also have serious high prices. I could suggest to you USA Custom guitar, there I saw 3 different Tele body, maybe some could match your expectations and in same time keep price enough low to be considered as project. If I could to buy at Warmoth body then I would ask our Mike to do rest of job for me (for unknown sum of greens) 'cause high paid body couldn't excuse clumsy painting, wiring, buffing... look this page: http://www.usacustomguitars.com/standard-t.html

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Do you want a vintage-style 3-barrel bridge or a modern bridge, as on an American Standard? Order your body with a rear control rout and two P-90 pickup routs. You'll have to decide whether you want a lever switch or a toggle switch - you can drill holes for pots and a toggle switch, but cutting a slot for a lever switch is something you should probably have them do for you.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tele savalas View Post
    Do you want a vintage-style 3-barrel bridge or a modern bridge, as on an American Standard? Order your body with a rear control rout and two P-90 pickup routs. You'll have to decide whether you want a lever switch or a toggle switch - you can drill holes for pots and a toggle switch, but cutting a slot for a lever switch is something you should probably have them do for you.
    i want the small bridge thats on my black top tele and lever switch and one volume and one tone.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

The blacktop Tele uses a hardtail bridge much like the one on the Robert Cray StRAT (and on mine). it's orderable from StewMac:
    (actually they have several models - I got the Gotoh)
    http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...m_bridges.html

Make sure you order the body drilled for string-through and get the ferrules (also a StewMac item).
    There is none so blind as he that cannot see...

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

You should order from Warmoth or USACG by phone and tell them:
    1. You want a rear control rout
    2. Rout for two P90s
    3. Drill for Gotoh hard-tail bridge (string through, spacing 2-1/16"). Or, if you order a hardtail bridge from Warmoth, check the string spacing they have - they have two hardtail bridges, one with a spacing of 2-1/8" and one with a spacing of 2-1/4".

Warmoth can sell you the ferrules as well. You can get most of your hardware and electronics from either Warmoth or Stew Mac. I usually compare prices and try to get all from one source to save on shipping, but consider that whatever you order from Warmoth will ship with the body and unless your order cost exceeds one of their "step-ups" there will be no additional shipping cost from them.
    4. Standard tele controls (if you want the switch in back like the blacktops I've seen, tell them to reverse the switch and knobs).

I can do some finishing, wiring and assembly work for you if you want.
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

that would be great if you can do that for me Tele and thank you all for your advice. I will get to ordering the parts and go from there!

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Score! Mikecasters are unbelievably good!
    Whether you think you can...or you can't...you're right!

Some mistakes are just too much fun to only make once!!!

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Cool. Sounds like you're up and running. I like the concept - I think it'll look real sweet the way you've described.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Looking forward to see this one materialize. I'll be glad to play it for you for a couple of weeks if that helps! :)
    I'm not sayin' that, I'm just sayin'......