Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys.

Killer Seal Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default Hey guys.

It's been so long since I've posted I figured it's about time to catch up. I hope some of you remember me. I think of FT often but I just don't seem to have the time to jump in like I used to. For any of you that were wondering why I haven't been around, here it is. I'll try to keep it brief, yeah right. When I 1st joined FT I was on the road doing telecom work, which I'd been doing for about 20 yrs. Even after 20 yrs. I was still staying in crappy motels often with another worker or 2 that I may have only met that day. Having FT and you guys to depend on in my off hrs. at the motel was a life saver for me so I was posting alot. At 51 I finally realized I couldn't take it anymore. I quit and started looking for a local job. After doing odd jobs, guitar and amp repairs and playing out as much as possible I found a job as an appliance repair man and eventually worked my way up to Service Manager. After a lifetime of working as a laborer and engineer with literally no contact with the general public, dealing with said "general public" in a family owned business (not my family) took it's toll on me after only 2 years and I left. Mind you, these decisions came as complete suprises to my wife (who since meeting me has purchased and is proud owner of the stairway to Heaven). So I started doing home repairs and stuff again until I eventually found a job with an organization that provides resident housing for people with mental disabilities who are trying to get themselves back into the mainstream. The money is nearly nonexistant for the work we do but the satisfaction of feeling that I might possibly be making a small difference in the world has made me feel better than I have in years. This has also given me a renewed passion for playing my guitar which as you know gives a person pleasure that a non musician may never understand. I should be posting more now but if not don't ever think it's because I don't want to it's just that I'm keeping busy healing myself. Thanks guys. Tim
    "I'm not ignorant, I just don't know stuff"

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Tim, one must do what one must do! Welcome back! You were missed, and if you are gone more, you will be missed.
    Yer guitar pickin' friend,
    Herb
    "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing, 'n stuff!"

Fender Lover
    Thanks

^^ What he said. Good to hear from you Tim.
    There is none so blind as he that cannot see...

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Hey Tim,

Glad to have you back and it's great to hear of your personal satifisfaction! That's quite rare these days.

~MW
    "But hey, I like these cheap riffs, they make me happy and alive each day here, when all seems lost and grey good riff pump blood stronger, sweat visit your face and - you feel then all right!"~ Elvir 2015

Killer Seal Fender Lover
    Thanks

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words. Soon, Tim

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Hey, Tim.... Welcome back! Glad you found a niche that works for you. I did the road/motel thing for 20 years, too. It's good to be home, isn't it?

Did you mean that your wife had passed since you were last here? If so, please accept my condolences.
    If not, please accept my apologies for misreading....

ttyl,
    s
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Yes, welcome back Tim, here is too long quiet, it's noticeable absence of some senior FT members. BTW, I'm always impressed when someone found job that match his wishes & expectations. Today, it's rare event.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

For different reasons, I was away for some time too Tim. Good to be, and see you, back man!

My g/f works with the mentally challenged and our apartment is a live in arrangement in a group home. It takes a special person, with a genuine good heart, to tackle that kinda work day to day brother. Kudos!
    Whether you think you can...or you can't...you're right!

Some mistakes are just too much fun to only make once!!!

Killer Seal Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badxmpl View Post
    Hey, Tim.... Welcome back! Glad you found a niche that works for you. I did the road/motel thing for 20 years, too. It's good to be home, isn't it?
    Did you mean that your wife had passed since you were last here? If so, please accept my condolences.
    If not, please accept my apologies for misreading....

ttyl,
    s

Oh no man, sorry, the reference was to her having to put up with me for 30 years. And yes it is good to be home. I don't know about you but it took me a while to stop sitting on the end of my bed eating Pizza and drinking beer to reruns of King of Queens. Thanks too Elvir and Gman, it's good to hear from you all again.
    Last edited by 145guy; 11-19-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Welcome back, Tim. Peace of mind is a great thing. A little bit of it came way way this month too. Enjoy....
    "But I don't want to go among mad people" Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat, "We're all mad here 'n stuff."