Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FenderTalker
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badxmpl View Post
    This is turning into a real shaggy dog story.... Q: Wouldn't MF have handled the warranty on this? Or would it have taken a "long time"? Of course, then you would never have had the pleasure of meeting this "mf" Fender guy.....

Sorry about your old friend.... "the load gets heavier as we go on"....
    Thanks on Joe. Lifes kind of a trip ain't it? (man I could never do that, I love my kids TOO much and I'm not that selfish) As far as MF, I thought the proper protocal was to go to any cert. Fender dealer and they need to look at the guitar personally. I didn't want to do any shipping etc.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Well, Thursday (the day the neck was to arrive) has now come and went. I'm know we're kind of way out here, in Montana, and the USPS stage coach sometimes gets slowed down by buffalo heards and Indians and stuff, so I'll give it a few days before I get too nervous. Had a high temp. of 63 a couple days this week. Fall is in the air. Think I smell football!

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Ok, it's been a week since the new neck was suppose to be here. Haven't heard anything. My inlaws, wife and daughter got back from their Yellowstone/Grand Teton vacation. Even if I hadn't seen them, I would know my mother in law was back. Although the outside temperature is 65, the air conditioning is set at 55 degrees. FRICKIN' 55!! Now my mother in law has adult A.D.D. and is kind of big. Not morbidly obese, but large. And have you ever noticed how some large woman always wear a big, loose fitting long sleeve shirt all the time? It's like they think you won't notice they're overweight, but the big baggy shirt makes them look like they're wearing a circus tent. That's MO MO. (the name my son started calling her when he was really little.) Mo mo wakes up at 4:30 am. and drinks, like, a gallon of coffee all bundled up in long sleeve pj's and robe. Then the caffine and the A.D.D kicks in and makes her fly aroundlike a mad woman. You have to talk real fast and keep your sentences really short when talking to her, cuz she's just doesn't have ANY attention span and is in this big hurry to go nowhere. She was in such a big hurry to go nowhere,that on their Yellowstone trip after arriving 15 minutes after Old Faithful erupted, she could only wait 10 more minutes for the geyser to go off. When it didn't, that was it...gotta go. They didn't see either Old Faithful or Yellowstone Falls. Everybody has to kiss Mo Mo ass becaue Mo Mo has the money and fear being left out of the will. Everybody but me that is. A long time ago she told me.."you have to be nice to me because I have the money". I think I have an authority issue. I can't stand people telling me what I should do. Mo Mo found out that I'm not buying into her bull****. One of the things we got into was over one of those Handicap sticker things you hang on your rearveiw mirror. Mo Mo stole one so she can be fat and lazy and park in the handicap spots. No one else would call her on it, but lets just say I'm definately getting left out of the will. As a matter of fact, after Mo Mo visits, I buy a guitar or amp to make myself feel better. I'm up to 10 guitars and 3 amps.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Man.... don't wait for her to leave.... buy a guitar and amp NOW and drive her out. Yer already outa the will.... besides.... I've seen people waiting for the will and THEY'VE died first.... or wish they had. But I digress. Didja get a tracking number? Ya need to check it out. Five days off is a long time even in Montana.
    Get on it, man... it'll give ya something to do besides watch all that fat jiggle and think about how yer paying for it right now.

In sympathy....

Stev
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....

FT Member
    Thanks

Default Replacement Neck

Hey Svenn

I bought a HH Strat from Musicians Friend on there scratch and dent sale a few years back... I noticed the neck didn't line up so a while back I took it to our Local Fender dealer...Music One here in Kalispell Mt. They said the neck was warped and even though I got it on a scratch and dent sale it was under warranty... They said they could heat the neck or have fender send a new one.... I told them to do what ever they wanted, so they called Fender and Fender sent a brand new neck no charge to me.... I have a strat that plays great and got it for half price....Fender does stand behind there warranty just be sure to keep all your receipts... Jake

www.jakej.com

FenderTalker
    Thanks

It's been 2 weeks since the new neck was suppose to have arrived at my local Fender dealer. So I called my guy and asked politely what was going on. He said "oh, I'm glad you called. No neck, so let me call Fender and see what's going on." He called back about 1/2 hr. later and said the original guy, who was on the deal, couldn't find a neck from my year so they were going to send an 09' neck. (which was fine with me) He said a different guy is now on it and he found a neck from my year, (07'), and he's sending it right out. It will be here next week. Alright! The inlaws are gone and my new neck should be here in time for my b-day. Instead of buying another guitar, I think I'll just get a different pickguard for the tele. Something that isn't white/parchment like all the other pickguards on my strats. I'd like a pickguard that has a pic. of that archery chick with the big jugs. Yea, that's what I want.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Well, I better go buy a lottery ticket. Recieved 2 phone calls today. My Fender guy called and the neck is here! I just need to bring my tele down to the store and his "AAA" rated Fender tech will put it on for me. ( I hope I'm not being set up for an intervention or something). Fender says they need the original purchase date from MF, so 1 more hurdle, but I may be playing the Tele again...yippie yi yo. The other phone call was from one of my old ski students. She and her ski club, (Chicago), are coming up to Big Mountain Ski Resort in Whitefish this winter and she wants to pay all my expenses to come up and give her more lessons. Jan is a perenial intermediate. She takes lesson everywhere she skis and they ski all over the world. It's flattering, but after skiing with every instructor in the world, Jans says I'm the best.( inspite of my "The Czech is in the male" joke) For those who take lessons, guitar or whatever, finding the instructor that works for you is incredibly important. The guy may be the best guitar player in the world, but if he isn't doing it for you, your learning environment won't work. Anyway, Jan likes my approach to ski instruction, so I'm going up in late Feb. and teach her and some of her buddys'. I'm sure she'll still be an intermediate when it's all said and done, but she'll be happy and I'll have some $ in my pocket. Off to the guitar store.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

It might have taken a while, but my baby's back! I kind of forgot how GOOD that tele plays and sounds. It kind of feels like I'm carrying a stack of 2x6s' against my ribs, but the sound is so pure and sweet. They said this new neck is from my year, 07', but the serial # starts with Z9, so I'm not sure what that's all about. The old neck was so smooth and buttery, nicest neck of all my guitars, but this neck is still pretty nice. If any of you guys have an Am. Std. tele from around 07', you know the neck is bone white with very little finish. I think the tinted necks look much nicer, but my hands get sticky on all that poly. Now, I would think that my "AAA" rated Fender tech would have looked at this neck and said "ok, it's dead straight, maybe I'll put a little relief on this thing and then lower the strings for good old svenny", but no. Which is all fine, because I wanted to put a different pick guard on it, so I set it up myself. All my Fenders have a white/parchment pick guard and I wanted one guitar that was a little different. I was looking for a tortoise shell pick guard that is more brown and yellowish like my Smith sunglasses, but all I could find were ones that were more cranberryish in color. I found this 'brown swirl' at Warmoth. I kind of like it. Here's some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images