Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Hi Guys
    Try Audacity which is free and runs on windows and Linux.
    Really simple to use for us guitarists!!
    Always better to buy a cheap mixer and run that into the line in on you sound card.

Cheers
    Bob

Fender Lover
    Thanks

ADMINS!!!!

SPAM alert ... get that cochnetcrony guy before it's the end of us!
    "But hey, I like these cheap riffs, they make me happy and alive each day here, when all seems lost and grey good riff pump blood stronger, sweat visit your face and - you feel then all right!"~ Elvir 2015

Fenderfied
    Thanks

He's been got.
    Yer guitar pickin' friend,
    Herb
    "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing, 'n stuff!"

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Tele, I just read the Boss BR1180CD manual. If you find that complicated, then anything suggested in this thread is going to be complicated.

Jamesron (Hi Harry) said that maybe he needs to learn a little more about Cakewalk et al and I agree. I have been using Cakewalk for about 8 years now, starting with Sonar 3 on which I recorded the Fender Talk Jam sessions and have upgraded to Sonar 8 and finally Sonar X1 Producer.

Admittedly, with Sonar you have to tell each track where to get its audio, then you have to arm the track you want to record, then you have to click the record button before you can get something down. But its not a difficult process and repetition is the key to learning. The more often you do it, the easier it gets but its not rocket science Tele - its a couple of buttons pressed in the right order. Just read the damn manual man.... one step at a time
    Just play til your fingers bleed, then stop when it hits bone...

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/alanlowe

Fender Lover
    Thanks

I have a killer Pro Tools rig but just can't stop picking up old analog and digital stuff. When it came out new I could never afford to even think about buying, now it goes on Craig's list for pennies on the dollar and I just can't help myself. This Mackie 32 channel board the Teac 80-8 and the Akai 16 track digital hard disk recorder all in great shape for under a grand. The old technology still does the job and is fun to work with. My P/T rig is unreal but the CPU can get funky and I sometimes spend more time fixing computer bugs and get frustrated with it. Some day when I have more time I will get it right and stick with the P/T's but I really like the older stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ron

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoneB View Post
    I have a killer Pro Tools rig but just can't stop picking up old analog and digital stuff. When it came out new I could never afford to even think about buying, now it goes on Craig's list for pennies on the dollar and I just can't help myself. This Mackie 32 channel board the Teac 80-8 and the Akai 16 track digital hard disk recorder all in great shape for under a grand. The old technology still does the job and is fun to work with. My P/T rig is unreal but the CPU can get funky and I sometimes spend more time fixing computer bugs and get frustrated with it. Some day when I have more time I will get it right and stick with the P/T's but I really like the older stuff.
    This forum needs a facebook style "like" button. If it did I would use it for this post. :)

Fender Lover
    Thanks

What's a face book button ??
    Ron

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoneB View Post
    What's a face book button ??
    If you are serious, FaceBook is a social networking service. If someone posts something, a comment, a photo or a link to something you like, you can click the "like" link to register that. You can comment on it if you want but if you don't have anything in particular to say, then its similar to smiling at something someone said.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

I was serious. I stay away from all the face book stuff maybe someday I will venture beyond Fender Talk. My kids give me a hard time about not setting up a page and getting with it but I barley have time for this. I guess it's similar to my gear preferences still kinda stuck in the past.
    Ron

Fender Lover
    Thanks

You're not missing much Ron. It can be a waste of valuable time at times. Taking you away from the important stuff ... like playing guitar 'n stuff!

~MW
    "But hey, I like these cheap riffs, they make me happy and alive each day here, when all seems lost and grey good riff pump blood stronger, sweat visit your face and - you feel then all right!"~ Elvir 2015