FenderTalker
    Thanks

Default Weird cheap bass off of EBAY

So I got this bass with no name brand off of one of these sales thats like $5 bid and $90 for shipping. Its a P Bass but its not fender. It has a wierd head shape and maybe a bass wood body. The thing was awesome and plays everybite like a $93 bass... but better. I'm not a bass player but its fun to jam on and sounded great. One day I'll take pictures of it. I've had a it a year and its just a rock solid bass. The guy that sold it to me is no longer registered with ebay.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Post some pics when you can. I'd certainly be curious to see it.
    There is none so blind as he that cannot see...

FenderTalker
    Thanks

I've taken the pictures I just can't find my usb cord for the dang camera. I've "modified" the pickguard because I thought the pickups were just bolted into the body so why have that huge pickguard hide all the wood grain? Anyway when I find it I bet you agree I did the right thing cutting off that pickguard so that only the controlls remain.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

i had a Rogue (musician's friend brand) Jazz bass copy in tobacco sunburst with a tort pickguard back in the mid 90's that was easily worth twice whatever i paid for it.

every now and then you find those beautiful $100 or $200 sweethearts.

enjoy it.
    it won't be a collector, but it sounds like fun.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

Ok here it is sorry it took a couple of weeks. My usb cord was missing then the website upgraded for like a day so I just didn't bother getting back on. Kick ass bass for $95 bucks isn't it!

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

It looks like $95.00 well spent, good score.
    [color=red]Just "Tele'in" it like it is.[/color]
    www.myspace.com/reubenadkins

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Inexpensive does not mean cheap.
    While I seldom ever look at eBay musical instruments, I did one stormy Sunday night a couple of years ago and bought an inexpensive bass on a whim.

The no-reserve auction was ending in 30 minutes with 7 bidders and I figured what the heck. Put in a 40 dollar bid with 5 seconds to go and got it for 38 bucks with 21 shipping.

The seller had excellent feedback and stated the bass did not feel, sound, or play like a cheapy and was as in new condition so I took him at his word and he was correct.
    The bass is a Sunlite (Indonesian made P-bass knockoff?) and it has been a rock solid instrument the entire time I've had it. It certainly surprised me and my EB-0 has been pretty much in its case ever since. The only thing I've done to it is change the strings and recently decided to Frankenstein it a bit by routing out the body/pick guard and added a J-bass pickup in the neck position along with a pickup selector switch..

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Not bad - slap a pickguard and a couple new knobs on that puppy and you're good to go! Since it has what looks like a standard size P-Bass pickup, upgrades should be a piece of cake there too. All assuming the neck is playable, of course.
    There is none so blind as he that cannot see...

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Cool

I agree about the pickguard and control knobs. Gold is not my favorite color on a guitar but that sunburst color is definitely pretty.

FenderTalker
    Thanks

I had metal knobs on it to start off with which I think is what Fenders have. Also it had a full pickguard but I liked the wood grain so much that I "reduced" its size so you could see the grain. So all that stuff you hate I did. The neck plays great, and I've had it a year. I'm not a bass player but it does get used by me alot. I replaced the strings with flat wound strings because that grind sound when you slide down the strings got on my nerves, and as for the pickups they are believe it or not good sounding. I play through a cheap practice amp so if I can get good sounds from that it must sound decent. I got no plans right now to upgrade but if I did I think I would drop in some Loller pickups I heard those once and loved the way that bass sounded.