Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default How to maintain pace with time

Who said that 44 year old man shall stop to listen rock and start to listen something slower, like ballads, or much slower like classic music: G. Verdi, Beethoven (no no, it' not movie with big Swiss dog called Bernardine), Mozart, etc!? :shock:
    Precious part of day here is coffee pause, but not just classic, simple pause, but day part of half hour at last. All coffee break that's shorter than half hour isn't considered like coffee pause but like "I can't ride off you on cultured way except to buy to you coffee, but I haven't so much time!" Many people are smoking but smoking along with coffee break is great. 8) You are sitting in comfortable chair and looking beautifully chicks & women how carry on without noticeable difficulties bigger or smaller "balconies". When you saw front side, i.e. pickups and knobs :) then you see hip for short time and after that you could to see probably better side, that is for some examples like back side of classic guitar: no cover, no route, no scratch, just big wooden lacuna :P
    But, if you're lucky then you could notice how a little while ago mentioned hips are sailing across air until bumps are following it :shock:
    Sometime some of younger guest, foolish and raffish due hormones, whistle and according to pitch and length of whistle you could determine what kind of woman passed behind your back without necessary to turn your face in that direction... But in many cases, guests are drinking silently their coffee, putting off blue cigar's smoke and chatting about some ordinary things.
    I like coffee, espresso, cappuccino, so called longer coffee with milk, Turkish coffee, with cream...any. When I'm working something and I'm unable to fix it, then I make pause, prepare coffee (now mostly Nescafé) and in many cases during this pause and chatting with interlocutors I got acceptable solution or at least a clue what to do. That's the best way than curse all around you, smashing equipment or drinking! :) :D BTW, your blood pressure would be thankfully for it, and house inmates too. So, in my house is always spare dose of coffee
    How I'm deal with my neighbors? 8) Well, they are now "safe"... years ago when I have had JCM900 at fully 100W and CBS Stratocaster, along with some pedals, I've been responsible for earthquake in this part of World In my street I was first person that bought house and all others up to 100 yards from me came later, so I'm native. 8)
    Of course, I didn't play axe in some improper time, just I was loud. Too loud? Nut loud, as much as 900 can carry on. Youth in my street liked it, regardless I'm playing something good, bad, impertinent... Their parents have thought that I was a bit silly because, as the educational worker may remain so. But they don't have a clue that it's my mask for undercover work in the school. :D
    While my children were ran in the primary school I have heard more hard rock but later the children begin to hear the progressive metal like Metallica, Pantera and others, I myself saw more than ever as I and hear and play those things. It is up popularity with students and youth from the streets but I lose with their parents.
    After sad part in my life with bank, court, requisition of my amp and guitar in my street has immigrated to silence. It was unusual but that's life. I felt as a convict on a long silence and I knew how to have you help. I had a lot of accounts, loan for a house and salaries was not anywhere in sight. My wife has not worked and many friends and relatives were in the difficult situation of survival and consolidation after the war. Nowhere assistance. Ask someone to help you to buy a guitar when you do not have time to eat was really nervily and irresponsible. In order to help to my wounded soul, I borrowed some cheap and ugly Strat copy and ancient tube powered amp with just clean sound. In same time older son started to show bigger interest for guitar playing and I transferred "my disease & addiction" to him...

Fender Lover
    Thanks

In these hard time I had big suport from my friends from this forum.
    With time, the older son advanced with playing but along with it he turned himself to very aggressive metal direction and wanted to know all those tricks & licks, dive bombing, roar ans screaming... bluesy sound of guitar wasn't so attractive any more. :? After that I took him and went to store, plug some Highway-1 into MG Marshall, hit few power chords and asked him is it what he wish to play... :roll: Yes, that's it, I would like to nail that sound! Gee! From that moment I started to borrow some better amps and axes but it showed himself like a unpleasant way of teaching kid because nobody likes to give its gear, you know what I mean, isn't?
    In meantime I fixed my incoming to normal level and spare some money for axe. It was near 18th birthday of my older son and as he addicted himself myself to Pantera I decided to talk with him about gift. I saw already he watched on eBay some Dean and Washburn guitar. I suggested Strat like versatile guitar, Lace PU, but for him Strat remained in sad memory and refused it, especially as we weren't able to get again same CBS model, and all other wouldn't be same replacement. I made access to German eBay but I was uneducated for using it, I mean for buying on this way. Finally, I saw some Dean ML, with HSC and even with B.Lawrence PU! I checked with salesman for price of shipping and it was OK. I checked when bidding is over and I prepared alarm-clock at (04:00 am). Son and me sneaked from beds to room with PC and - we won! Can you imagine us in that moment!? :shock: We won famous guitar on bidding in USA and were happy like we got it free. Price was some 450USD, I think but after morning salesman told me that shipping is some 500-800USD! I couldn't believe when I saw numbers in e-mail!? What a heck is now. Salesman told me that he can't find out better and cheaper solution for me and gave me deadline 24 hourse to accept, to find myself cheaper solution or he will sell guitar to second bidder on list! On desperate hours I contacted Conrad as I saw him online and ask him for negotiation with salesman and for assistance. After many PM & emails Conrad suggested to me to give up as he also couldn't find out better solution. I even agreed with solution to pay guitar and that she stay at Conrad's home until I found better way but CM said that isn't so smart, that probably in my life arrive other guitars and to let it away. :? I obey suggestion and roar up to sky for my luck, for country where I'm, poverty... kids were sad and we weren't talk for next 10 days about it. My son stopped to talk about guitar but I knew he said to his friends that his big dad will buy to him guitar like Dimebag have had. What now, his pals will tease him and ... I talked with my wife and he agreed that I try to find out that "horned awful guitar" somewhere in Europe again (she obviously likes Les Pauls, Strats...not pointy body). Then start my pursuit across eBays of de, at, uk, us (again)... but nobody haven't had such model... :?

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Finally, I met some Dutch seller and he promised to me this model in next shipment that would arrive in next 14 days. I told him that is a gift and I need it at the time and he ensured me that all would be OK. I kept my mouth closed and talked about it nor with my wife. Shipment came but w/o mentioned model, he offered other models but I needed to add money that I haven't had. When I almost gave up, I discovered Dean official forum and after registering started to asking members who knows where in EU is possible to get Dean ML Noir XT. This was rather shot of desperado than really try. After two days I saw PM of member that represent himself like worker at music shop in Kansas. Wow, again USA! I asked him for shipping prices to this place and he said 80USD. :shock: I asked him twice and he said always same sum. :?: How, when earlier seller asked for it 800? He answered that is due to dimension of HSC & weight and that they are shipping axe like pizza, with disassembled neck! :idea: But now goes hard part: may I pay it with some other way than with PayPal or credit card, may I by Western Union!? Sure, he said, why not. As I got money your axe is on the way and I'll provide you tracking number! Even sending money to unknown person by WU isn't wise move I agreed and send 500USD + charge for service for axe & shipping. Hour later I got the email where he confirmed money arriving and that he will in next few hours packed axe and carry to airmail. So it be. Later, same evening I got tracking number... she started to move. :)

Fender Lover
    Thanks

According to info of salesman, guitar shall to arrive in next four-six days. I have had fear of custom duty in Sarajevo because I heard about some magic disappearing of goods there, especially when it came from eBay :(
    Fourth day after payment was 18th birthday. Day before my wife made some cakes, cookies, meat for bbq... I was in charge for buzz & drink... all of them thought that I forgot axe and that t-shirts, cakes, etc. will be gift to jubilant. I was sad why I didn't met earlier these kind guys from Kansas :oops: Near noon phone rang. I took it and answered. Voice from other side asked for my name and told me he has shipment for me. I thought he is still in Sarajevo (according to tracking number) and start to talk him about custom but guy said that he is already in my city, but don't know to find me! He was just few hundred yards from me! I flew out house like bullet and jumped in my old "rabbit", drove backward and with little help of handbrake turned in right direction with screaming outcry of tires and disappeared down the hill. White-green van was there, I signalized to him and he followed me after few moment. I called by cellular my wife and ordered to her to send older son somewhere until we arriving home. She sent him to store for cigarette. I gave some money to officer from van in order to feast him and took package, really like family size of pizza! 8)
    Wife hided package in the small room just in time our son came into yard. He was listless and he sat without some great wish to celebrate. Afternoon shall to arrive guests and his friends and there is nothing exciting to do... My wife started to prepare coffee and tried to withhold him inside living room. When a coffee was done she ordered to him to get "some box" from bed. What box, he nervous asked... just get in the room, you'll see. He returned in minute with box and put on the table. Open it, she said. Without sightseeing of titles on box he started to open "silly box that nobody need... and why he shall to do it, why not open somebody other..." 8) My wife and me just were quiet and watched his reaction...
    Bellow card stock cover was layer of white paper and spongy blanket. When he opened it, before him appeared shiny body of black guitar. He removed enveloped neck from top and took the body; all was here Floyd Rose, edged pickups, see-thru knobs, tremolo arm... my wife and me were also excited like we shall to get Oscar award! I felt how some strange pain started appearing in my eyes but I fought with this feeling in order not to spoil moment. I looked for a moment my wife and saw she started cry, tear by tear glided quietly down hers face... He finally opened neck and raised up above his head. It was really gorgeous V shaped Dean neck, with white wings on peghead. Maaan, now he started to cry still holding parts in the hands and I broke myself :cry:
    Rest of day passed spiced with music in live and from the mp3 devices... I've remember that grass came out from soil in front of amps :D

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Awesome!!
    "But I don't want to go among mad people" Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat, "We're all mad here 'n stuff."

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Oh man - I had tears in my eyes by the time I got done reading that. Thanks for sharing it Elvir!
    There is none so blind as he that cannot see...

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

I love it when a plan comes together! Sometimes in life, the Good Guys win! Yeah-Baby! :D

Play on,
    Stan
    "Life's too short not to enjoy great tone."

Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Killer Seal Fender Lover
    Thanks

Very cool Elvir! 8)
    "I'm not ignorant, I just don't know stuff"

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Thanks dudes, nothing in our lives isn't so bad that couldn't be much worse nor it's not so good that couldn't be better... so we are trying each new day to reach one or other side, isn't??
    Death is like a dot on end of sentence,and it is not important whether the sentence was long or short, but whether it had meaning.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Elvir, you got that from Wichita Band and Music, didn't you? I tried to turn you on to their website back in the old day's of S-freak's old live chat, do you remember? I think then I was using their other business name E. M. Shorts. They are the most reputable and honest music store I have ever encountered. I'm very glad they solved your shipping nightmare for you! 8) 8) Let's hear it for all of us good guys in Kansas! :roll:
    Yer guitar pickin' friend,
    Herb
    "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing, 'n stuff!"