Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fender Lover
    Thanks

That is GREAT! I am ROFL right now. Good for you!!!

Regarding the earplugs, do you remember starting this post?

http://www.fender-talk.com/message-b...rplugs&start=0

The very last post on page two Strat1965 recommends the Etymotic Research plugs. I know a FOH professional sound guy (he was just on the road with Ringo Starr) who uses these. If I were playing out right now (I've temporarily transitioned into the baby-raising stage of life ) I'd pick up a pair myself. The cool thing about these is that you get the plugs custom molded to your ears and then YOU decide which insert and therefore decibel degradation you want to use.

The additional inserts are extra money, of course, but can you really put a price on your hearing? :)

~MW

Fender Lover
    Thanks

They retail for $350 here.. That is alot of money for something that I'm only going to wearing for practices.

How about these?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Music-Earplug-ER-20-Musician-Ear-Plug-ER20-CLEAR_W0QQitemZ300269865828QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m300269865828&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A 2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Fender Lover
    Thanks

I followed the link on the eBay page to here:

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.aspx

This company has been in the forefront of high end in ear audio reproduction for many years. They really do understand what that entails and gives them a unique position to also understand the noise filtering side. Any product they come out with is pretty much guaranteed to work as stated.
    Whether you think you can...or you can't...you're right!

Some mistakes are just too much fun to only make once!!!

Fender Lover
    Thanks

If you're only wearing them for practice I would think that they should suffice. It doesn't seem like they would muffle the overall sound (e.g. foam ear plugs) and you should be able to still hear the frequency range.

Sounds like a valid option!

~MW

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Seeing as its christmas time around the corner its time to purchase some gifts. My sister now wants to learn how to play the guitar (awesome), however she is stealing my guitars and it annoys me haha. So I'm going to get her an acoustic for christmas, and she likes the sunburst finish, so I was looking at an Epiphone DR-100 with Sunburst finish. Nice little cheap acoustic which has spruce top, mahogany back and sides.. Will suit her well.

I go to the local guitar shop with her to test one out and she can barely play a simple chord progression and the guy is standing over her sarcastically saying "come on love, lets see some classic gas... hahaha". I know that when I first started how unnerving it is to have someone stand on top of you when you can barely play, so I told him "we are right here, you can help other people". He goes "its cool, I want to hear the song".. (get a hint). So I took the guitar off my sis and started playing it, then I said "ok, you can go now." He replies "if you are going to be a smartass, I can get the manager and ask you to leave", then he left. I handed it over to my sis and she started playing it and smiled while playing (always good to see) and she said she would like it for christmas.

A diff guy came over and asked if we needed help, and I told him that we'd like to grab it. So we took it up to the counter, got some strings and the original guy comes back and says "thanks Tom, I can take it from here." (obviously wanting the sale) They both had a fight over who should get the sale, then when they asked me, naturally I went for the guy who didn't annoy us. As I walked out, I got a nice wise-@ss remark for the guy, so I turned around stared at him and he said "have a nice day sir".

I honestly hate guitar shops. If I didn't feel the need to try before I buy, I would never go to one.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Sorry to hear of the bad experience Timme.

It's cool that you put the dorkus mundi in his place and he didn't get the sale. What a w'a'n'k'e'r! :roll: It's also VERY cool that your sister is going to start playing too! Rock on Sis, one time for Ringo!

~MW

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Hell, I would have left the instant he threatened to call the manager... :roll:
    There ain't nothing you can't play on a Telecaster

http://www.facebook.com/ajaytele
    Drop by and say G'day!

Fender Lover
    Thanks

The shop is a specified Gibson/Ephiphone seller and since I don't really prefer those brands it was first time I'd been in that store. The guitar was on sale though.. So now that I have it for the right price, I never have to go there again :D

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Well, I'm glad we got that out of the way!
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

They're certainly strange those Gibson/Epiphone people... :roll:
    There ain't nothing you can't play on a Telecaster

http://www.facebook.com/ajaytele
    Drop by and say G'day!