Thread: Bass effects

Friend of Leo
    Thanks

Default Bass effects

Hey i know some of this has been covered in other threads already, but I'm specifically wondering if anyone's tried a BBE Opti Stomp or BBE Orange Squash in a bass rig before? Lots of reviews for guitars online but hardly any for bass. I'm after a *relatively* cheap compressor for use with guitar and bass. I play bass in a band but mostly guitar at home so I guess the bass side of it is more important at this stage.

Also I was thinking about getting a Behringer VM1 Vintage Time Machine (Chorus, vibrato, delay & echo) as well. It's relatively new so I can't find any reviews on it. I know Behringer don't have the best name when it comes to effects but their vintage series doesn't seem to be too bad.

Anyway, comments, suggestions, stories welcome
    Insert witty comment here:

FT Member
    Thanks

If you are looking for a cheap compressor, Have you looked at the behringer Autocom. I know people knock behringer, but, I have alot of their products and have had very good luck with them. I use an autocom on my monitor system for PA and they are very easy to use. You can get one new for around $100. If you want a pedal, Behringer has a compressor pedal in their stomp box line up. I just bought an EQ for my guitar amp and it seems to be made pretty well and has a really good sound to it. I can't comment on the BBE stuff other than the BBE sonic stomp box. It's suppose to be a sonic maximizer in a stomp box. I didn't think it did very much for the price. I guess I'm wierd because everybody else seems to think they're great. You might try delay as I had a mic with delay and reverb and my bass sound was coming through the mic and it sounded pretty good. I may try a delay for the bass myself. I think it adds a little sparkle to the sound. I'm not so sure about chorus, distortion and other things like that. I like the solid sound.

FT Member
    Thanks

yo man - you should really try out guitar pedals too. i know, some of them totally suck for bass - but others totally kick!

Thanks

Default Bass effects

though, its a good acoustics question: why do some instruments just not sound that loud when theyre made into bass/contrabass? You need to research that, Edward-san.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HibkniskNic View Post
    though, its a good acoustics question: why do some instruments just not sound that loud when theyre made into bass/contrabass? You need to research that, Edward-san.
    I don't understand your question, Hib.... You are talking about converting which instruments to bass/contrabass...???
    And please also define "that loud".... do you mean acoustically?
    Well, maybe better answer the first question. THEN, I may have a follow-up....
    Bottle Rocket Scientist.....