Thanks

I'll try to remember to be friendly!
    There ain't nothing you can't play on a Telecaster

http://www.facebook.com/ajaytele
    Drop by and say G'day!

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Well, friendly is over-rated, but just showing up counts for a lot.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Ajay, I'm thinking you might have room on one of your racks for an Aronson. They're all Fenders so far, but that doesn't mean you don't have room for a guitar that is built specifically for you, to your specs (and for a tiny fraction of what the FCS would charge).

https://www.facebook.com/AronsonCustomGuitars
    The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Actually Tele, I have gone down the Custom Built route once before... but I did it locally here in OZ.

Picked the bare pieces of timber myself from racks of timber and then Charles Cilia made me this:

Drop by and say G'day!

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Drop by and say G'day!

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Lovely stuff! Great lumber!

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default Hello Again!

Hi everyone! Someone asked me a private message, which brought me back onto the forum. So I guess, an update on my comings and goings is in order...

Around the time I was last here (about 2014) we were in the process of deciding to move house. This is because our kids are both in their 20s now and it was likely they would be moving out. Looking for a place to move to and getting organised to sell took quite a while and we finally sold our house in March 2017. Yes - the Tele Wall is NO LONGER! Our plan was to downsize and move closer to the city.

For the past year we have been renting in what they call the "inner west" of Sydney. We are actually only 2 miles from the centre of the city, as the crows flies. The inner city living thing is awesome! You can walk to restaurants, pubs etc.. and there is also great public transport to the city and elsewhere. So the reliance on the car is greatly reduced.

About a month ago, we finally found a house to buy, so we are now about to move again, into a house we will own. The "new" house was in fact built in 1900 and is what we call in Australia, a Terrace house. The location of the new house however is EXACTLY what we had originally planned. It's a suburb called Newtown, and it's one of the trendiest, vibrant shopping/restaurant districts in the inner west. We are wrapt!

So what's happening musically? Well, I am now semi-retired and my time is now 100% based around music. I am doing a little entertainment consulting for my local club, choosing and booking bands. I am now doing live sound production for bands when I feel like it, and of course I am playing in 2 bands, on average about 40 gigs a year.

The guitar and amp collection? It has peaked and I am now officially in selling mode. Yes, I have finally realised that I have a stupid amount of gear and I need to convert it back to $$$ to allow me and the wife to do some traveling before old age hits. So yes, the GAS switch is officially OFF. I have only bought one guitar in the last 2 years (and that was in the USA so I could play in Texas) and I have sold around 40 so far. But still a lot to go.

And by the way, if any of you get ideas about buying my guitars, the bad news is that shipping to the USA from Australia is stupidly expensive... so it's probably not an option. There's also issues if the guitars have Rosewood in them now.

Anyway that' the update! Cheers!

Drop by and say G'day!

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Howdy Ajay! It's really good to hear from you again. I have heard from you sporadically on Facebook, but it's great to see you here again. We are still plodding along here as usual, kinda like dropping in at the pub to check in with the locals. And keep up the good work!

Stay tuned, Stan
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Hey Ajay! My daughter was living in Perth for about six months. Did you see here there? :p Well according to Google maps that's a pretty long drive, maybe next time.

Great to "see" you again.
    Stay tuned - SAguitar

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Ajay, you should probably just open your own guitar shop, considering your already-huge inventory. If either of your kids doesn't have a job, they could manage the shop! Or perhaps I will retire, vacate this rapidly-decaying society and move down under and manage it myself!