Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Well, that's pretty cool, if that's all it is! Just don't do that! 8)

Really, take it easy on that area, and maybe in time it will all clear up.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Chris, do you know why Stan is talking to you, encouraging you? 'Cuz he cares, that's something I've known. 8)

For one, I'm glad your wife came thorugh the laparoscopic surgery with flying colors. That's the way to do it! Cheers!

Now you've got this elbow, olecranon issue. I can give medical advice too, because I'm not a doctor, ha ha.

Actually I was an Insurance Claims Investigator, analyzing car wrecks, which included measuring distortion of headlightlight bulb filaments to determine what caused accidents, how severe and how much they were worth. I guess it was fairly successful, because I was recognized for unintentionally being a "bodily injury expert" and for settling injuries easily over material goods (d'uh thanks..... I did most of pre-med, and nursing anatomy, or was it nurse's anatomy but graduated first in Psychology). That, and building cars when I was kid, as I mentioned in another post today, got me my job.

With your elbow, I always saw that issue end up in surgery, not the spine, just the elbow area, and it always worked. You get like a new arm brother, well.... the same old one, except it works! Git 'er done, but only if you have to, before there's atrophy. And gosh, I'm sorry it hurts. I have that in both arms occasionally, and also bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome.

I know where you're coming from, except nobody told me that when I became my father's auto mechanic at the age of 5, I was lifting too much, then building cars as a teen... lifting too much which doctor's and trainers don't allow now, riding those kidney-rattling and boneshaking bikes and ski-doos for years, just pounding myself; darned ankles and knees too, not to mention the back which is another story.

So, you've had a neck or spinal fusion? I have my 2nd cervcial vertebra sticking out under my left ear since 1984 from an auto wreck, and I don't want it moved or fused. I'll just wait till it cuts thorugh the cord. My MRI last month is showing I have one of the most impossibly worn-out, heavy-lifter's backs, without signs of external trauma, and of course my practitioners know that I can't walk with that, and I know this seems less important, but an emergency doc recently said after seeing my x-rays that I have "no (recognizable or viable) ankles" so would I mind sitting in the wheel chair? I said I'd rather not, since it didn't look very comfortable for the back. Prognosis for the back is to remove 2 discs for starters & fusion. Again no thanks, I take narcotics, so that I can walk, without ankles?, even though I don't know where I'm going, and find myself in the wrong place sometimes. :roll: I had stronger drugs but they erased my memory completely.

You're blessed with all of your parts basically where they belong, nothing's been blowed right off soldier, so you're good! I'll pray for you, hope your elbow is relieved and you're pain free, and getting strong again.

If you need a Strat, just call or email my friend Bill Nash (Nashguitars) in Olympia WA; he or his son may find you one for cheap, possibly with a tech issue that they can fix & swap out parts to make a whole good one, or dig one up in their shop, MIM or otherwise, sometimes Ibanez or Fernandes, and ship it on over. Or if you see one in a Pawn Shop, I hope yours are better than ours, you know what you're looking for.

All the best and be blessed!

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strat Man dwight
    Chris, do you know why Stan is talking to you, encouraging you? 'Cuz he cares, that's something I've known. 8)
    Yeah, I do know that. Stan's one of the main reasons I keep coming here. Not to slight anyone else here either. Logging on to FT feels kinda like going down to the corner pub & hanging out with about 300 of my best buds, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Strat Man dwight
    For one, I'm glad your wife came through the laparoscopic surgery with flying colors. That's the way to do it! Cheers!

Now you've got this elbow, olecranon issue. I can give medical advice too, because I'm not a doctor, ha ha.

Actually I was an Insurance Claims Investigator, analyzing car wrecks, which included measuring distortion of headlightlight bulb filaments to determine what caused accidents, how severe and how much they were worth. I guess it was fairly successful, because I was recognized for unintentionally being a "bodily injury expert" and for settling injuries easily over material goods (d'uh thanks..... I did most of pre-med, and nursing anatomy, or was it nurse's anatomy but graduated first in Psychology). That, and building cars when I was kid, as I mentioned in another post today, got me my job.

With your elbow, I always saw that issue end up in surgery, not the spine, just the elbow area, and it always worked. You get like a new arm brother, well.... the same old one, except it works! Git 'er done, but only if you have to, before there's atrophy. And gosh, I'm sorry it hurts. I have that in both arms occasionally, and also bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome.

I know where you're coming from, except nobody told me that when I became my father's auto mechanic at the age of 5, I was lifting too much, then building cars as a teen... lifting too much which doctor's and trainers don't allow now, riding those kidney-rattling and boneshaking bikes and ski-doos for years, just pounding myself; darned ankles and knees too, not to mention the back which is another story.

So, you've had a neck or spinal fusion? I have my 2nd cervical vertebra sticking out under my left ear since 1984 from an auto wreck, and I don't want it moved or fused. I'll just wait till it cuts through the cord. My MRI last month is showing I have one of the most impossibly worn-out, heavy-lifter's backs, without signs of external trauma, and of course my practitioners know that I can't walk with that, and I know this seems less important, but an emergency doc recently said after seeing my x-rays that I have "no (recognizable or viable) ankles" so would I mind sitting in the wheel chair? I said I'd rather not, since it didn't look very comfortable for the back. Prognosis for the back is to remove 2 discs for starters & fusion. Again no thanks, I take narcotics, so that I can walk, without ankles?, even though I don't know where I'm going, and find myself in the wrong place sometimes. :roll: I had stronger drugs but they erased my memory completely.

You're blessed with all of your parts basically where they belong, nothing's been blowed right off soldier, so you're good! I'll pray for you, hope your elbow is relieved and you're pain free, and getting strong again.

If you need a Strat, just call or email my friend Bill Nash (Nashguitars) in Olympia WA; he or his son may find you one for cheap, possibly with a tech issue that they can fix & swap out parts to make a whole good one, or dig one up in their shop, MIM or otherwise, sometimes Ibanez or Fernandes, and ship it on over. Or if you see one in a Pawn Shop, I hope yours are better than ours, you know what you're looking for.

All the best and be blessed!
    Thanks Dwight. I may just give your friend a buzz one of these days, but <he says thru clenched teeth> I've decided to wait until after the end of the year for my Strat so I don't end up short(er) at Xmas time, which always seems to result in my credit card getting maxed out. Olympia's just a hop, skip, and a jump from here - might make for an enjoyable little field trip.

I've actually had 3 cervical fusions. The first two were the direct result of some idiot (on a cell phone, natch) blithely plowing into me while I was stopped for a construction flagger; the third was an indirect result several years later due to the additional stress on the next disc down by the fact that the two above were no longer flexible. Since then, on medical advice, I've become much more mindful of posture (all that stuff your mother told you about sitting up straight was valid advice, apparently). On the whole I'm glad I had them done, since the nerve constriction was starting to mess with my ability to use my arms. A little restriction on my neck's range of motion wasn't too much of a price to pay.

I'm by no means ruling out the surgical solution, and I'm encouraged by what you said above. It's good to know that option is there. But if I can make it get better without getting cut open, that's definitely Plan A. For now I can live with the level of discomfort (still gonna work on my slide tho, just because).

Sounds like you've got your own set of challenges you're dealing with. I feel for you, my friend. And I appreciate your being here.
    There is none so blind as he that cannot see...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Ain't no shame in tryin' to play like Duane! Allman, that is. 8)

Fender Lover
    Thanks

This one ain't too shabby either:

...and she plays a Fender, to boot!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Oh yeah, I've been a huge Bonnie fan for many years. That lady can really play a guitar! 8)

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Stan, I don't know if you're familiar with McMenamins Edgefield out on the east side of town. Beautiful outdoor venue. I saw Bonnie there last year with Keb' Mo'. Great show!

Fender Deluxe
    Thanks

Today is Bonnie's birthday!!
    "But I don't want to go among mad people" Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat, "We're all mad here 'n stuff."

Fender Lover
    Thanks

OK, everybody sing - "Happy Birthday to yoooouuuuu...."

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah, slide on, lovely lady! 8)