FT Member
    Thanks

Default PAFs in a jaguar - questions...

If i was gonna try this would I be better off buying a fake off some chinese website like dhgate.com and then routing it and adding proper Gibson PAFs or would I be better off at least getting a japanese model with a decent mody and set up and oruting it?
    Does adding PAFs to a Jaguar pose any problems??

FenderTalker
    @ home or school, wherever girl's rule, Fender's the tool!
    Thanks

You deserve a decent body. If you have your preference locked in, and it has to be a shortscale Jag, then go CIJ.

My first Fender is CIJ and the build quality is second to none. Now I got a Chinese '51, because I knew what I wanted like you, but I had to look at others before I found a playable one that wasn't a twisted nightmare. Don't buy a Jaguar copy through the mail. After all your work installing PAF's it might not have been playable in the first place, and may never be? I have studied git-fiddles closely, and that's what I think. :shock:

If you need or enjoy the fullness of the World's original full size humbucker, with a short scale, your other choice in Fender is the Toronado, where you can tone down the available Atomic Humbuckers to resemble the PAF's; or look at the Epiphone SG-400, a faithful replica of a '62. :D

FenderTalker
    Thanks

I had a CIJ Jag it was awesome! Limited run Antigua color. Man I loved that thing.....

My point was Like Fiddle stick said there are Jag style bodies out there with the HH set up. Infact there is a HH Jag I think you can find at one of those catalog places AMS or what ever.

An other point is I think the Jag PUP's run a little hot anyway. I was always impressed by how much beefer it sounded than a strat of Tele, specially with some over drive.

So you may want to check out the K's and heneries and such to see how hot the Jag PUP's are before you change them out.

FT Member
    Thanks

Thanks for the detailed replies.
    I actually own a japanese jag and it is an ABSOLUTELY awesome instrument - I love it to death.
    It was my third guitar - Ive had a Les Paul Standard and a strat before this guitar and i love it so much more. Nice and bright and ballsy but not overly so like a Mosrite or something similar.

The only reason I was even thinking about getting PAFs was for live performances. Unfortunately my *** jag tends to hum a bit through the valve loud. I dont want to even take the pickups out of this guitar to wax or replace since the current settings are so perfect.
    Basically Im hoping to replicate my sound on stage loud - if you have five seconds please check out my music on www.myspace.com and search for Mood Market.
    Would I be better off forking out the cash for a proper american made jag (hum resistant) or do you think humbuckers would be required for live performances of this style of music - specifically the track 'Livewire Pariah'?

Thanks heaps for your time and advice! :)