Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Fender Lover
    Thanks

Nice clean board. I have the same Line6 wireless and HOF Mini reverb. Both good units.
    There is none so blind as he that cannot see...

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bb View Post
    Thanks Kev. It's a 2010 Am Deluxe that I've modded a bit along the way (replacement loaded pickguard and bridge). Had a Kinman Traditional 1 set in there for a while now that I snagged used and wired the second tone to work as a blend pot. Very happy with how it turned out (bright, snappy & bell-like). Produces the Strat tone that's in my head.

With CBS head this one could be my fav, but this one looks so swell

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I was never a fan of the big CBS headstock Elvir but I have to admit to liking it more and more as time goes on.
    I'm a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

I picked up this Peavey Classic 20 mini head today on a whim and I'm floored by how good this thing is!

20 watts of EL84 goodness, 2 channels, attenuation down to 1 watt, effects loop, Di & USB outs with speaker cab emulation, 8 & 16 ohm speaker outs and (the most important thing for me) it runs as quiet as a mouse at idle! And all for less than 350 Great British beer tokens!

Loud as hell at full power - easily enough clean headroom for a large bar gig + nice gain channel with pre & post volumes.

It also lets you know if the power tubes are on the way out.

I've played a few boutique amps along the way (okay, not as high end as Two Rocks n' stuff) but can seriously say this little gem outshines everything I've owned or tried so far, based on the amount of boxes ticked against my usual criteria. Other amps I have are tonally superior (although not a million miles away) but for a great small gigging, bedroom amp this thing is superb.

Well done Peavey!
    Last edited by Captain Bb; 10-09-2018 at 04:26 PM.
    I'm a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

It is a great thing to find a nice, lunchbox sized amp that can deliver the goods. I'm happy for ya, Cap'n!
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

FT Member
    Thanks

Peavey's got some nice stuff out there.
    I had a roommate many, many moons ago that had one of the Peavey mini-stacks and I used to love playing through that thing. Then again, I think my only amp at the time was a Roland - which was great for clean playing, but had no bite to it. I pulled it back out a couple of weeks ago and gave it a try. Time has taken a toll though. I'm going to see if a little electrical contact cleaner can loosen the pots back up and put it in working order once again.
    Nice to see this thread still in working order. It's kind of cool to see the progression through the years Captain Bb.