Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Fender Lover
    Thanks

A scoripion in the bathroom? :shock:

Is that semi-common down there in Texas? Seems kinda of a weird
    thing to happen to this humble mid-westerner.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Yeah, we find those critters all over. Although in the bathroom is unusual. Actually, we don't have it too bad. We just find one every few months, but some folks around here find 'em in the house all the time, especially in new homes. Well, at least they're not those huge black ones they have in Arizona.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Back at work. Already a little busy with EMS runs. We've all got heavy hearts today. A SAPD Detective was shot and killed yesterday. He was following a shooting suspect into an apartment. The guy grabbed a shotgun and shot the Det. point blank to the face. What a dangerous (and thankless) job. I'm glad I'm a firefighter and not a cop. Fires are somewhat predictable; people aren't.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

I can see how that could.. to say the least... dampen the mood.

You be careful... even if you have the 'safer' job.

Fenderfied
    Thanks

Your job isn't that safe, firedude; remember here in KC we had a "fireperson" (female) get shot at a fire scene by a lunatic with big guns and bombs. The fireman that rescued her from the live fire was one of the guys that got the big house makeover on whatever that television show is, he was broke and had a million and a half kids or something like that. They built him a half a million dollar house in a $60,000 house neighborhood. Not that he didn't deserve it, he did, he was in genuine need and it was good to give his family the room; but now he can't pay the HUGE taxes on the place because of its valuation. I digress, my point is your job isn't that safe, either! Be careful!!!!
    Yer guitar pickin' friend,
    Herb
    "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing, 'n stuff!"

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Yep, It is a dangerous job. In fact I've had some close calls myself. Wanna here one? OK. Me and my crew were the second crew in on a two story house with a fire downstairs. There was a report of someone still upstairs, we advanced our line and went upstairs to search for the possible victim. The smoke was so thick we couldn't see our hand in front of our face. As we were searching, the whole downstairs flashed over, and fire was coming up the stairs. Wow, did it get hot in a hurry. I couldn't find my nozzle, which I left by the door of the room we were in. I told the probie that was with me (probie: rookie, or probationary firefighter) that the fire was coming up the stairs and we had to bail out the window. He broke the window out and jumped, grabbing a column and sliding down. I stuck my head out the window, yelled for a ladder and bailed out head first down the ladder. It was so hot in there that the only part of my body that wasn't protected was two small strips between my gloves and coat sleeves and I recieved burns on those little spots on my wrists. Well, that's it. I wasn't gonna get into anything lilke that but, what the heck, it's my diary. Oh, and there was noone upstairs. I've been in the FD for 22 years, and after that fire I got a whole NEW respect for fire, and I now hate fires in 2 story houses......

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

Way to go, Firedude! I applaud you for you courage and service. I have several friends who are either cops or firement, and it's absolutely heroic what you all (all ya'll) do for the common folk. Way to go!

Stay tuned, Stan
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Thanks Stan. I do love my job because I'm here to help people. We make runs almost every shift to help elderly people that have fallen back up and back into bed. Lots of small stuff like that. Anyway, my birthday is next month and I think I need a Tube Screamer. I was thinking about getting another small amp, or a small head. But after thinking it through, my little Marshall is good enough for my "pick up and go" amp. And when I run it through the cab I built it sounds pretty good. So I'm gonna cool it with my gear obsessing......................................... .....Well, actually I'm thinking about a new power amp and mixer. Dang that GAS!!!!!!!

Super Moderator
    'Caster County, Oregon, USA, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way
    Thanks

There is no real cure for GAS, you can only hope to minimize it's effect on your life, and hope it doesn't wreck your marriage! But occasionally you must give in to it and just buy whatever you're jonesing for just to remain a little bit sane.
    Some contend that rock 'n roll is bad for the body & bad for the soul
    Bad for the heart, bad for the mind, bad for the deaf & bad for the blind.
    It makes some men crazy and they talk like fools.
    Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Yep. TS-9. 100 dollars. That should hold me for a while.