Thanks

Default a japanese jazz bass or geddy lee sig jazz bass

I've been looking for a used geddy lee bass but I've also come across the fender jazz j bass. in price i know there is a difference. but I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference in sound, and feel of the fret board. If you prefer one over the other? anything.

thanks

FT Member
    Thanks

I have a Geddy Lee and love it... the finished maple fretboard and slim 70s style neck feel awesome, and it's got Fender USA pickups in it, so I dig the sound a lot more. Does everything from metal to jazz and sounds and looks good doing it.

Honestly, any Japanese made Fender is pretty darn good, but the fretboard binding, upgraded pickups, and slightly different neckprofile did it for me. Only modifying I did was a black pickguard instead of the white. Otherwise it was perfect straight from the store. :D

FT Member
    Thanks

you know what - i'd suggest going with the japanese jbass. it fits a little better in the hands for some reason. maybe the neck profile is slightly different...i'm not sure. i know i love mine - so i suggest them whenever possible.