Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default How do I link 2 cyber twins??

I've heard you can link 2 cyber twins, I have two with me at the moment and I really want to play some shows with this set up, someone please enlighten me.

Yhan

Fender Lover
    Thanks

Default Linking 2 Cybers

Ok for starters you need an "AB" switcher also an extra midi cable for the Cybers. With the midi-cable you take one of the amps and plug the cable in the "thru input" and the other end conected to the "in" input of the 2nd Cyber. Now with your "AB" box the outputs go to both amps and then you rock on!. Good luck and have fun.

Thanks

Thanks grumpy

I have an extra midi cable but no switcher, is it essential, I just want to use the second cyber as a an extra cab for the sounds in my cyber. Do I need to set the utilities to any specifics, theres a few things in there: midi recieve channel, midi transmit channel, and others.

Hope we can work it out

Yhan

Fender Lover
    Thanks

If you want to play through both amps you need the switcher or get one of those 1/4" male jacks with two female outputs and go that route, if you like all that extr chordage on your ax. There is nothing to set up thru the utilities, its all ready to go.

will the sound be the same on both amps when you change sounds on the master amp?

Fender Lover
    Thanks

No, unless you go to amp #2 and physically do it yourself

Thanks

Default cyber twin "half stack" using 2 cyber twins.

Hi I also have two of the pre SE cybertwins.. Thought it would be
    a hoot to try and make a half stack out them. The best thing would be
    to have one be the "head" and the other simply being used as a more or less passive amplified speaker cabinet...However I called Fender and they said this could not be done. The closest you could come would be to use a switch box with one input and two outputs, then set both amps to
    the same settings and plug cables from the OUT ports 1 and 2 of the switch box each of the Cyber Twins. Then plug your guitar into the "IN" port of the switch box. I reviewed the owners manual, and I think he
    is right. There is no input channel for the amplifier part of these amps.
    The midi only talks to the computer part of the amp, not the power/speaker part. In a sense these amps are too "smart" to just do what you used to do in plugging a more powerful amp into a less powerful amp to boost the signal.
    However I drug out an old abc box I have and plugged
    my guitar into the input and plugged one output cable each into each amp.
    Well it does work. It playes louder, but actually was not all that interesting.
    I was expecting some sort of magic synthisis...nah...just a bit of loudness,
    and the Cyber Twin is already pretty good there

So unless there is some other clever way of doing this that can be done with patch cable type technology, I do not think there is much point
    here.

Jim in Gold Bar

Thanks

Default cyber twin "half stack" using 2 cyber twins.

Hi I also have two of the pre SE cybertwins.. Thought it would be
    a hoot to try and make a half stack out them. The best thing would be
    to have one be the "head" and the other simply being used as a more or less passive amplified speaker cabinet...However I called Fender and they said this could not be done. The closest you could come would be to use a switch box with one input and two outputs, then set both amps to
    the same settings and plug cables from the OUT ports 1 and 2 of the switch box each of the Cyber Twins. Then plug your guitar into the "IN" port of the switch box. I reviewed the owners manual, and I think he
    is right. There is no input channel for the amplifier part of these amps.
    The midi only talks to the computer part of the amp, not the power/speaker part. In a sense these amps are too "smart" to just do what you used to do in plugging a more powerful amp into a less powerful amp to boost the signal.
    However I drug out an old abc box I have and plugged
    my guitar into the input and plugged one output cable each into each amp.
    Well it does work. It playes louder, but actually was not all that interesting.
    I was expecting some sort of magic synthisis...nah...just a bit of loudness,
    and the Cyber Twin is already pretty good there

So unless there is some other clever way of doing this that can be done with patch cable type technology, I do not think there is much point
    here.

Jim in Gold Bar

Thanks

I used a midi pedal and just set up each amp to the same settings. Patches were the same and set up each amp to the same midi channel. My midi expression pedal would turn each amps volume up and down together. I think this would accomplish what your trying to do. Very simple to do, just run a cable to each amp using a Y on your 1/4" guitar cable.

FT Member
    Thanks

Linking 2 Cybers

I link my Cyber Twin SE and my 65 Twin reverb with a Big SHot ABY switch... I have the Twin set up in the middle and the Cyber twin set up with 2 Marshall 4x12's cabs on the ends about 20 feet apart.... I get some really nice sounds that way especially with the cyber twin set up in the stereo settings... I know Johnny Stecchino from Gereral Cyber systems, he posts here some times runs 2 Cyber Twins on stage playing surf and it is awsome... He has them both set up so they each have a little different sound but when played together they really sound good.... I think if you ran 2 cyber Twins each with 2 4x12 cabs one on each wall you could get a surround sound that would bow your mind... That's my next big purchase is another cyber Twin then program each with cyber commander and have each one sounding a little bit different and see what happens.... I know you can run 2 amps with one foot controller and program the settings with cyber commander.... The possibility's are endless....Jake